Hello, in this post we will talk about PF Form 11. We will look into its purpose as well as the process for the submission.
We will cover the following topics in detail:
- What is EPF Form 11?
- Purpose of PF Form 11
- How to Fill Form 11?
- Submission of Form 11
- Employer’s responsibilities
What is PF Form 11?
A self-declaration form filled by the employee as per the EPF scheme while joining an organization. Form 11 contains an employee’s complete EPF details and now employee can automatically transfer PF from the previous to the new account. However, the employee needs to mention his/her previous EPF account in Form 11.
Before Form 11, an employee needs to fill Form 13 to transfer PF to the new EPF account and now the new modified Form 11 has automatic PF transfer request.
Purpose of Form 11
- If the new employee is already a member of the EPF Scheme, the employee will continue to get PF benefits but he/she will have a new Member ID.
- If the new employee is not a member of PF Scheme and has monthly salary more than Rs.15,000. Now he can choose whether to contribute or not for EPF/EPS (Employees’ Pension Scheme). These type of employee is known as Excluded Employee it also includes members receiving PF pension or has withdrawn their PF earlier.
- It is also used to automatically transfer employee’s PF from the previous account to a new one.
Form 11 also enables the PF Department to maintain a comprehensive database containing important details of the employee. Thus helping them during inspections, audits, cross-checking or verification of facts.
Once enrolled under PF Scheme, the employee can not exempt from this scheme. But it is possible if the company is not registered under the PF Scheme.
How to Fill PF Form 11?
When you fill Form 11, it will include the following details:
- Name of employee
- Date of Birth
- Father’s / Spouse’s name
- Marital Status
- Mobile number
- Email ID
- Educational credentials
- Marital status
- KYC details – like bank account number, Driving license/election card, etc.
Details related to the previous employer
- Whether earlier a member of Employee’s PF Scheme / EPS
- Previous PF or PF Account Number
- Last working day from previous employment (dd/mm/yyyy)
- Scheme Certificate No. (if issued)
- Pension Payment Order (PPO) No. if issued
International workers need to provide the following details :
- Country of Origin
- Passport Number
- Passport Validity
The list of documents a new employee need to submit with Form 11(self-attested copies) are:
- Bank Account and IFSC
You can view download revised PF Form 11 Here.
Submission of Form 11
After filling the Form 11, you need to submit it to the employer. The employer signs the form and puts the stamp on the form. The employer will then submits this form in the regional EPF office. However, this PF transfer is made much easier if you possess UAN and the transfer process can be done online.
Employer’s responsibilities –
The following are the responsibilities of the employer –
- Get the filled declaration Form 11 from the new employee within one month and upload it on the EPFO UAN portal within 25 days from the end of the month.
- Then, you need to share generated UAN details with the members of the fund, within 25 days and get their same acknowledgement.
- Need employee KYC details, such as PAN, Aadhar and bank details within a month of receipt of UAN.
- If an employee does not possess their Aadhar card, then the employer has to get the acknowledgement of the Aadhar slip, which they have to submit within a month.
- Whenever an employee submits the Aadhar details to the employer, then the employer has to upload the details on the EPFO portal within 15 days.
- Before sending the form to the EPFO, the employer needs to check all the details carefully, such as whether PAN details are linked with Aadhar or not and others.
Where can I get form 11?
Here, You can download your Form 11.
Is Form 11 necessary for employees?
Yes, as a declaration EPF and EPS, Form 11 is necessary to fill when a new employee joins the organisation.
Is there any difference in Form 11 for new employees and existing employees?
No, both new and existing employees need to fill up Form 11.
With that, we have come to an end of this post on PF Form 11. Share your queries and views with us in the comment section.
Refer our Blogs:
P.S: Subscribe to our newsletter to know when we publish more blogs like this.