Hello. In this post, we will discuss the PF withdrawal forms which are essential for the withdrawal or transfer as well as the criteria for the same.
If you are looking for topics like PF withdrawal procedure or PF partial withdrawal, then the links to the respective posts are available at the end of this post.
Here is a list of topics we will be covering in this post:
A few years ago, the process to withdraw PF balance was too lengthy. However, now, the employees who have their UAN linked with Aadhar, PAN, and provided with bank details and activated it, can withdraw PF amount by directly submitting to the regional EPFO office.
Also, your KYC details should be verified by the employer using digital signatures.
The three new PF withdrawal forms introduced by EPFO are:
- UAN form 19 – You can use this form to withdraw EPF amount at the time of leaving the job due to retirement, disablement, marriage or permanent settlement abroad provided that you are unemployed for at least 2 months.
- UAN form 10C – You can use this form to claim the EPS amount (Employee Pension scheme). More details are provided below.
- UAN form 31 – For partial withdrawal of the PF amount you can use this form.
The details about the criteria for the applicability of these forms are discussed in the next sections.
You can use this form for the withdrawal of PF amount. At the time of retirement or leaving his / her job, they can utilize this amount.
In order to withdraw the PF amount, you need to satisfy two conditions. They are:
- The employee has to be unemployed for at least 2 months of time.
- If you are employed again in a new company, you can transfer the amount from the previous account to the current account.
You can find the link to PDF format of Form 19
In case, you want to transfer the PF amount from the previous to the current account then you can use form 13.
You can find the link to PDF format of Form 13.
As discussed above, you can use this form for Partial withdrawal of the amount from the PF account. In order to withdraw the PF amount in advance, the following purposes should serve:
- Withdrawal of amount is possible if you want to purchase Site / House / Flat or Construction.
- For the repayment of loans in special cases, you can withdraw the PF amount
- Withdrawal of PF amount to grant advances in special cases.
- You can take advances from the fund for medical conditions.
- For marriage or for post matriculation education of children advances can be taken from the PF account
- Also, you can give advances to the members who are physically handicapped.
- Withdrawal made one year before retirement.
- The detailed list for partial withdrawal can be found here.
You can find the link to PDF format of Form 31.
Form-10C and Form-10D
You can use this form to claim the EPS amount (Employee Pension scheme). There are some conditions to use this form and they are:
- If you have completed 10 years of service under one employer, then you can use Form 10C to get the scheme certificate from the pension fund. Unless you have attained the age of 58 years the amount cannot be withdrawn.
- Whenever you have not completed 10 years of service, then you can apply for the benefit of withdrawal or scheme certificate from the fund through form 10C.
- If an employee is between 50 and 58 years of age:
- If you have completed 10 years of service then you are eligible to get the scheme certificate from the pension fund. You can claim through Form 10C or reduced pension from Form 10D.
- In case, you have not completed 10 years of service, then you can apply for the benefit of withdrawal or scheme certificate from the fund through form 10C.
- If the age of the employee is above 58 years:
- In case, you have completed 10 years of service then you are eligible to claim the pension through Form 10D
- If you have not completed 10 years of service, then you can claim withdrawal benefit from the pension fund through Form 10C.
These are the PF withdrawal forms you can use to withdraw your PF amount with ease.
A brief summary of PF withdrawal forms
Download a PDF version of the summary of PF withdrawal forms.
|Form -2||Nomination for Employee Provident Fund|
|Form-5||Registration form for new employees for EPF & EPS|
|Form-5 (IF)||Claim for EDIL (Employees’ deposit linked insurance)|
|Form-19||Withdrawal of PF amount at the time of retirement or leaving the job|
|Form13||Transfer of PF amount from the previous account to the current account|
|Form -31||Partial withdrawal of the PF amount|
Claim the EPS amount (Employee Pension Scheme)
In order to claim the monthly pension amount
Documents required for withdraw the Provident Fund
There are some following documents that you required to withdraw the PF amount –
- Form 19
- Form 31
- Form 10C and Form 10 D
- Identity Proof
- Bank statement
- Address proof
- Revenue stamps
Procedure to fill online PF Withdrawal Form
There are the following procedure that you need to follow to fill out the application form –
- Go to the official website UAN
- Click on ‘login’
- Enter your UAN and password
- Next, click on the claim form (Form 19, 31, 10C) under ‘online service’
- Now, enter the last 4 digits of the bank account number and click on ‘verify’.
- Then Pop up will show the ‘certificate of undertaking’, now you click on ‘yes’.
- Under the ‘I want to apply’ you select ‘only PF withdrawal Form-19’.
- Now, click on ‘Get Aadhar OTP’ after checking the disclaimer.
- Then you will get an OPT on your registered number.
- Now, you can submit your application after entering the OTP.
- Next, you will get a reference number once the application is submitted.
This ends our post on PF withdrawal forms. If you have any comments, please drop them in the comment section below.