Every person who has a PF account is allotted a unique 12-digit account number by the Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO). Universal Account Number (UAN) allows you to access, check and withdraw from the Provident Fund account. So, let us see the procedure of how UAN is activated.
The UAN activation procedure is given below:-
- Visit official Portal https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface for successful UAN login. Then, choose the UAN Activation link to Submit.
- Next, enter the PIN and enable the declaration for the applicant to submit the form.
- Now you will need to create the password. The password should be Alphanumeric, with 1 capital letter, 1 special character, and should be 8-25 characters long.
- The next step is mobile number authentication, you will get the authentication PIN to your registered mobile number.
- Now enter the Captcha and submit the application form.
- If the mobile number is already registered, you can retrieve the password if you have forgotten the password.
- Then, select any one of the above options, enter your name, Date of Birth(DOB), mobile number, and email ID.
- PAN Card
- Aadhaar Card
- EPF Member ID
- Universal Account Number
- Next, fill the login form and now enter the 4 required details.
- The above process is for the complete registration and activation of the UAN member portal.
- To access the UAN portal, you have to give UAN a log in ID and use the given password.
- After the login, you will see the following dashboard.
- The UAN dashboard gives all the online facilities of the EPFO. It has made the operation of EPF transparent.
- Below you can see the View option where you can see;
- Member Profile
- Service history
- UAN Card
- Passbook. Here, in this option, you cannot view the passbook you need to go to the old website of EPFO and view it.
Can I activate my UAN again after changing jobs?
Yes, you can activate your UAN again after changing your jobs.
Can UAN activation be done through SMS or mobile application?
No, you can’t activate your UAN through SMS. For that, you have to register on an online EPFO member Portal or via the UMANG app where you can activate your UAN.
Without Aadhar linked and PAN details with UAN, can I use UAN to transfer funds?
No, without Aadhar linked with UAN, you can’t transfer any funds or claim any pension fund to withdraw. It is essential to link Aadhaar with UAN.
What is the procedure to update the personal details?
There are the several procedure to update your personal details, such as
- Login on EPFO portal through your login Id and password
- Then click on manage, select modify details.
- As per the Aadhar details, enter your personal details, what you want or modify.
- Then click on update details.
- After submitting your details, it will be verified and approved by the employer.
Is it possible to activate UAN offline?
No, you have to activate your UAN online via the EPFO member portal.
How will I get the UAN active or not?
Through the following process, you will get your UAN activated or not –
- Login epfo member portal
- Click on ‘know your UAN’ another tab will open
- Now, you enter your mobile number or captcha for verification
- Then, OTP will pop up on your register number, enter your OPT and captcha
- Click on verification your OTP
- After verifying, it will redirect you to enter your details, such as your name, DOB, PAN, Aadhar, member ID, enter Captcha, then click on Show my UAN.
- Now, your UAN will be displayed on your screen.
Can I know my UAN number through Missed call?
Yes, You can get your UAN number by giving a missed call on 9966044425 from your registered mobile number.
How can I get the missing details of the employee?
For filing details of the employees, you will get the missing details option under the menu member.
Is it mandatory to enroll employees’ profile details and update?
Yes, it is mandatory to enroll all employee profiles by the establishment in all respects and update accordingly.
This ends our post. If you have any queries or doubts regarding this post, drop them in the comment section below.
Related: How to generate UAN using Aadhaar?