Get the latest minimum wages in Bihar for shops and establishments, which increased for unskilled, semi-skilled, skilled, highly skilled and supervisor levels of workers. That is effective from 1st Oct 2022.
Rate of minimum wages in Bihar
|Class of employment||Basic Per Day||Basic Per Month||VDA Per Day||VDA Per Month||Total Per Day||Total Per Month|
|Supervisory / Clerical||503||10478.00||88.92||2312.00||491.00||12790.00|
- The minimum rates of wages above are based on the All-India Average Consumer Price Index Number (1960 -100) 8163.00 which is the average of the indices for the Second half of the year, 2021 (July-December).
- Minimum wages have been revised on the suggestion made by the minimum wage advisory board on 23.03.2022 by adding 15% added after the 34% neutralisation in the consumer price index, so that actual wages may increase.
- An employee shall for the work done on the weekly day of rest be entitled to overtime payment as prescribed in rule 25 of the Bihar Minimum Wages Rule, 1951.
- Men and Women workers shall get the same rates of wages for the same work or a similar nature.
- This shall come into force with effect from the date of September 01,2022.
for more details, you can read our related posts.