Universal Account Number (UAN) is a 12-digit unique and important number for EPFO members. It is a flagship system introduced by the Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) to the employees. Two EPF members can’t have the same UAN. With the help of the UAN number, you can easily transfer and withdraw the money.
The Universal Account Number (UAN) remains the same even with the change of the job through his/her Member ID or EPF Account numbers change. The main aim of introducing UAN in EPFO is to capture KYC details of the members in order to eliminate the dependency on the employers. The KYC details which tagged with the Universal Account Number instead of Member ID thereby eliminating redundancy.
Benefits of Universal Account Number (UAN) activation :
- Employees can download EPF Passbook through online UAN portal by providing UAN number.
- You can check the EPF balance through a missed call and SMS.
- You can change and update the KYC details provided. It will help you for the online verification.
- Activation of UAN makes an employee eligible for the online services by EPFO and access the dashboard of the UAN portal.
- Stress-free and hassle-free PF withdrawal.
Importance of UAN
Following are the importance of UAN –
- It helps employees to keep records of their PF deposits every month by just entering 12 digits of the UAN number and registering on the EPFO member portal.
- As an employer, you will not be able to deduct or hold back an employee’s PF, if any activity has been done then it will be visible.
- It helps EPFO to track the changes in the organization for the employees.
- The UAN ensures that all PF accounts are authentic and valid.
What is the purpose of UAN?
The UAN is like an umbrella that covers all multiple members’ IDs under one. And the members can know their member ID, eligibility and can check the PF balance.
Is UAN mandatory for online claims?
Yes, it is mandatory to claim online because, without UAN, you can not submit online claims.
Is this possible to activate UAN offline?
No, this is not possible to activate UAN offline because UAN registration is available online only.
If my personal information is incorrect, then how to get corrected?
You need to submit all your detailed information to the employer with the relevant proof, then the employer will check, and submit your information to the concerned officer and they will update your information.
Related Posts :
How to generate UAN using Aadhar